[kictanet] Deteriorating Safaricom or simply broken systems??-building systems

Kevin K. Kamonye kevin.kamonye at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:37:21 EAT 2010

Afternoon,

I believe CCK should continuously monitor all providers to ensure Kenyans
are not being robbed from in broad daylight - just as is happening to me and
am sure many other YU subscribers.

Yesterday morning I was shocked that a call attempt to a Safaricom number
that was mteja was billed for 2 whole shillings!! To make matters worse, the
print a nice summary of the call for you ie;

Tarriff charges: 5cents/second
Call duration: 26s
Cost of call: 1.73
Balance: xxxx

First of all, even if I was to be charged for the call that did not go
through, 26x5=1.30. This I then realised happens to all calls I make thus
making me loose an average of 3 shillings from all calls I made since then.

Fraud?!

./Kamonye