[kictanet] kictanet Digest, Vol 39, Issue 42

ALEX OWITI alexowiti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 16:44:54 EAT 2010

**

* *

*SAFARICOM UNVEILS NEW POSTPAY RATES*

* *

*August 24, 2010...*Safaricom’s PostPay customers can now call make calls at
a flat rate of Sh3 per minute.

This follows the launch of a new tariff plan for this category of
subscribers by the country’s leading telecoms operator. The rates will apply
for both on and off-net calls and will be applicable throughout.

Per second billing applies on this tariff, which takes effect starting
August 25 and is targeted at the firm’s PostPay, a key component of its 16
million-strong subscriber base.

Safaricom CEO Michael Joseph said the tariff was a way of thanking the
firm’s PostPay subscribers for their loyalty and extending to them price
concessions similar to what PrePay customers were enjoying.

“Our PostPay customers are a huge reason for our success. We thank them for
their custom and considerable spending on our network. We promise to remain
responsive to their needs and promise them a number of incentives, going
forward,” said Mr Joseph.

Earlier in the day, Safaricom had announced a value-based PrePay tariff
promotion whose main point was a Sh2 per minute calling rate on the purchase
of certain air-time denominations, the lowest level in the market currently.

*ENDS...*

* *

*About Safaricom...*Formed at the turn of the decade, Safaricom has firmly
established its credentials as a regional leader, spawning a virtual
telecoms revolution in Kenya.

Safaricom is a total telecoms company. With a subscriber base of over 16
million, Safaricom offers all telecoms services under one roof: mobile and
fixed voice and data services on a variety of platforms: Kenya’s widest and
only 3G network; a growing fibre optic cable footprint and its most
expansive WIMAX presence.

For more details please go to: *http://www.safaricom.co.ke/*

Alex.
**