[kictanet] FYI - Malili to be fenced

Akich Kwach kwach at archway-productions.com
Fri Apr 16 11:25:43 EAT 2010

Robert, I support your concern on this matter. Who was the author of such an idea anyway? My guess is that this could be an idea outside Daktari Ndemo's docket. Politicts aside; by fencing off the area, you would be sending a wrong signal to the investors that the project does not have the community support, which might lead some of them to keep off. Of course you will have the Chinese investors and other with similar hearts remain on board. The civilised world today requires the community's support and participation in any project undertaken whithin their location.

How much awareness creation campaigns has been done among the Ukambani community on the benefits of the project, instead of threatening them with a fence. Fencing can take place later, but first you must win their hearts. On the other hand, I find the talk of moving the project to Thika mischievious, given millions of taxpayers funds have been sunk in the Malili land. Stick to the plan.

Regards,

Akich Kwach