[kictanet] FYI - Malili to be fenced

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Fri Apr 16 13:22:40 EAT 2010

Mr. Kwach,
The Government has no problem with its neighbours in Malili.  Indeed every local person supports this National project.  It is not for Wakambas only.  However, the peasants who owned the land where the park is to be built have a problem with the directors on the sharing of the money.  They have taken the matter to court.  You recall we discussed this matter and had it settled at a town hall meeting.  I shall be wasting public resources if I kept on responding to issues that have been dealt with.

On fencing.  At the height of Government land grabbing and encroachment.  There was a policy to fence Government land.  It will not take too long before you see squarters on Malili if we do not manage it well.  Those who will invade may not be aware of GPS or any technology.  Fencing or no fencing, I am between two rocks.  Any decision can be criticised.  We have chosen to fence.  As always I take full responsibility.

Knowing this country the way I understand it, I shall be proven right.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®