[kictanet] {Disarmed} Re: Who is ICT Board? - Capacity Building

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Apr 6 21:30:54 EAT 2010

Dear Lilian,
There is a tendency in Kenya to dislike whatever that in place.  Indeed you can advance an hypothesis that Kenyans are averse to systems.  We replace a costitution that has worked for 50 years with some experimental one.

SITA or RITA or whatever you want to call it.  Kenyans will still complain none of that system is like IDA of Singapore.  Yet ICT Board is fashioned around IDA.  If we focus on economic expansion we can actually do it even with the Ethiopian framework.  See what China has done with free market fundermentaks using a communist manifesto.

Three years ago we heaped our none performance on lack of infrastructure.  Today we say we cannot progress without structure.  Let us truely be honest with ourselves.  We have a problem.  How come every foreigner I meet sees only opportunities in Kenya?

Just a thought.

Ndemo
Sent from my BlackBerry®