[kictanet] {Disarmed} Re: Who is ICT Board? - Capacity Building

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:55:30 EAT 2010

The laying of the sysytems is a sure way of taking us there. We can't
just talk about models if at all there are no set fframworks.

Experimentals do not go far if there is no fall back plan.

Sincerity here is the key.

Shifting goal posts will make us the ugly duckling if we are unsure of
what we really need to achieve.

Capacity building goes beyond the dichotomy of giving  people skills
but what are yher skills meant for either economically, social
development, economic creation etc.

On 06/04/2010, bitange at jambo.co.ke <bitange at jambo.co.ke> wrote:
> Dear Lilian,
> There is a tendency in Kenya to dislike whatever that in place.  Indeed you
> can advance an hypothesis that Kenyans are averse to systems.  We replace a
> costitution that has worked for 50 years with some experimental one.
>
> SITA or RITA or whatever you want to call it.  Kenyans will still complain
> none of that system is like IDA of Singapore.  Yet ICT Board is fashioned
> around IDA.  If we focus on economic expansion we can actually do it even
> with the Ethiopian framework.  See what China has done with free market
> fundermentaks using a communist manifesto.
>
> Three years ago we heaped our none performance on lack of infrastructure.
> Today we say we cannot progress without structure.  Let us truely be honest
> with ourselves.  We have a problem.  How come every foreigner I meet sees
> only opportunities in Kenya?
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Ndemo
> Sent from my BlackBerry®

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
the same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke