[kictanet] Invitation: 2009 EA-IGF, 7-9 September 2009, Nairobi, Kenya

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 20:00:11 EAT 2009

Hi Vincent,

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Vincent Ngundi<vincent at kenic.or.ke> wrote:
<snip>
> The expected outcome of this will be a framework that ushers the region into
> the digital economy. The outcome will also be a negotiating platform during
> the fourth United Nations Internet Governance Forum (UN IGF) taking place in
> Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, in November 2009,

Can you clarify this please? AFAIK, the IGF is NOT a negotiating body.

Our output could be an "input" for discussion, but there is no process
or way to negotiate anything at the IGF (which has, after all, no
"authority" to compel anyone to behave in a certain way).

See you at the jacaranda tomorrow!

--
Cheers,

McTim