[kictanet] "Outsource our jobs? Why firms are afraid of BPOs"

godera at skyweb.co.ke godera at skyweb.co.ke
Tue Oct 27 09:24:00 EAT 2009

Edith,

Not too long I would say. The captives do need to understand their entire
operations before determining what aspects of their operations they need to
outsource, if at all.
I also think there is need for the industry to understand that the captives ARE
PART OF the BPO industry. In my view, it is still good for the country to have
good captives to demonstrate the potential of the industry.
We must not lose sight that in all mature markets, having in-house operations is
pretty normal. I think people are under the misconception that a company must
outsource all it's BPO operations.
As a matter of fact, most large centres in mature markets are captives.
However, what we younger players in the industry want is to work with the
captives in partnership to develop our own capacities so as to serve them in
areas that they consider non-core.
Can the captives hold our hands and work with us please?
KCB,COOPBANK,SAFARICOM,ZAIN,TELKOM,KPLC....is anyone there hearing me? Hold our
hands and work with us.

Regards,

Gilda