[kictanet] Internet Outage Tuesday Oct-13-2009

Al Kags alkags at alkags.com
Fri Oct 16 08:51:03 EAT 2009

Fiona, all,

I am connected by several service providers - Telkom EVDO for movement, Safaricom at work and Zain blackberry. I could not connect and non of their customer service depts could say more than "technicians are looking into it." They all did say that they had received several calls on the issue.

I still don't have an explanation of what happened. Even connecting at Java was a problem.

There's an alarm bell that rings in my head everytime I hear someone quote their mandate in the face of a problem and with the communication below it rang again.

KIXP is responsible for local traffic as I understand you below. Who gets the pin for international traffic? It occurs that I have never needed to ask this until now.

Al Kags