[kictanet] IG Discussion 2009: Closure and Way Forward

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Mon May 11 10:06:06 EAT 2009

Hi Barrack (Bassanga), all -

My feelings regarding continuation of the IGF can only echo the
general concensus reflecting its success so far, both
internationally and as exemplfied by the EA Regional and National
initiatives :   The IGF has proven to be a unique but successful
experiment in multi-stakeholder engagement enabling information
sharing and  dialogue on topics critical to fostering the
sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development
of the Internet. The EA initiatives have demonstrated that the
spirit of the IGF as enunciated in the Tunis Agenda can be
replicated at the grass-roots - greatly expanding the scope of
those whose input will shape the future of the governance of the
Internet. I agree with those who say that  the multi-stakeholder
processes that have underpinned the IGF continue to make it a
globally unique environment for a constructive and open exchange
of ideas without the limitations imposed by the pressures of
negotiation and governmental bureuacracy.

As we prepare for Sharm El Sheikh this week  I will be supporting
the continuation of the IGF internationally and
regionally/nationally beyond the 5 year life-span given in Tunis.

Waudo
UN-MAG

On Mon, 11 May 2009 08:20 +0300, "Barrack Otieno"