[kictanet] Institutional framework

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 12:10:59 EAT 2009

You are right Walu, Engineer Rege might be our saviour can't his committee
look into this?, proliferation of many bodies and associations is a symptom
of frustration Hon Rege please respond
Regards

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I know yesterday was the last day of these discussions...but I feel I
> needed to chip in on the PMs office being the cordinating ICT organ...my
> take is that it may work btwn now and 2012, and then what next? Remember as
> much as the PMs office and his cordinating role is in our constitution, I
> tend to think that by 2012 this may not obtain. Depending on how we rewrite
> our constitution, the PM office maybe too strong, too weak or simply deleted
> and either case the ICT cordination role would then be misplaced.
>
> There was some KICTAnet breakfast meeting last year where the numerous ICT
> agents, organisations, assosciations, societies etc were enumurated (over
> 50!) and I wish Brian/Harry? who was the secretary could share with Listers
> to appreciate the level of confusion that stalks our ICT landscape in this
> country. Something needs to be be done to harness and cordinate their good
> efforts.
>
> walu.

Barrack O. Otieno
ISSEN CONSULTING
Tel:
+254721325277
+254733206359
http://projectdiscovery.or.ke
To give up the task of reforming society is to give up ones responsibility
as a free man.
Alan Paton, South Africa