[kictanet] Institutional framework

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 11:58:41 EAT 2009

Bill,

I know yesterday was the last day of these discussions...but I feel I needed to chip in on the PMs office being the cordinating ICT organ...my take is that it may work btwn now and 2012, and then what next? Remember as much as the PMs office and his cordinating role is in our constitution, I tend to think that by 2012 this may not obtain. Depending on how we rewrite our constitution, the PM office maybe too strong, too weak or simply deleted and either case the ICT cordination role would then be misplaced.

There was some KICTAnet breakfast meeting last year where the numerous ICT agents, organisations, assosciations, societies etc were enumurated (over 50!) and I wish Brian/Harry? who was the secretary could share with Listers to appreciate the level of confusion that stalks our ICT landscape in this country. Something needs to be be done to harness and cordinate their good efforts.

walu.