[kictanet] Day 3 of 10- BPO Discussions, Institutional Frameworks

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 10:33:56 EAT 2009

Eric,

I like your query on what level should we as a country play within the BPO value chain. At the moment, I believe we are at the entry (low value) chain i.e. Call Center/Telemarketing which some Analyst have claimed are just electronic "hawkers" with minimal income at both individual and national level.

We definately need to scale up to high-end BPO work such as software engineering, accounting, hr, etc.  But I think we cannot avoid starting from the bottom. And that is where we are. As for Incentive issues, we shall cover them in tmrws theme.

regards.

walu.