[kictanet] Obama Speech puzzle: read, memorised or simply no script?

Eric M.K Osiakwan emko at internetresearch.com.gh
Fri Jan 23 10:33:35 EAT 2009

Akich,

While i uphold the participation of the Almighty in the affairs of
men on earth, i think in Africa we make God work "overtime", to quote
a friend mine.

If only we could work as much as we pray and lay emphasis on God,
Africa would have changed big time. Americans have applied themselves
to create a system that allows Obama to emerge as a prepared leader
by God. We need to apply ourselves to the development and growth of
institutions that establish and uphold the state in Africa so that
the already God given leaders in Africa would emerge and not be kept
in obscurity by our own undoings. The amount of time Africans spend
praying and sitting in church auditoriums without much action
afterwards is unbelievable, for me, the more closer you are to God,
the more productive you should be.

Finally, i think we need to vacate this mentality of one day,
suddenly a saviour would emerge and everything would change. Change
is a process and we need to work towards it. Obama did not suddenly
show up, read the 200 plus years of effort and commitment to a cause
that we see today. Lets work at building our institutions and allow
the rule of law to work.

Eric here

Eric M.K Osiakwan
Director