[kictanet] Day 5 of 10-KCA 2008, IT Section - the Bad + Recommendations

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 11:23:42 EAT 2009

OK, I am convinced. This discussion is to do with research and I commend
that.
The only catch I can foresee is captured very well by Physicist Dr. Angeyo
Kalambuka...quoting him verbatim,

*[However, normally, academics look backward to find lessons; policymakers
look ahead and often must improvise. Academics can wait until all the facts
are in; policymakers cannot. The time horizon of academics may be years; the
horizon of policymakers, weeks, days, even hours.]*

Source -
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/-/440808/513790/-/428722/-/index.html

This is the key difference between David Makali and co. (who are making
things happen and shaping the future) and 'us' who are waiting to derive
research from the action Media policy makers take. That is why they are a
step ahead of us. Walu is our Academician. Where are our policy makers who
will influence our future??

Bill