[kictanet] My Take: Affordable computers

Gakuru Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 09:23:09 EAT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Bildad Kagai<billkagai at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not see any problem with supporting large, rich, local or foreign
> computer vendors. That is the nature of capitalism but you sound like you
> are opposed to untrammeled workings of the economic market. You probably
> need a constitutional amendment to augment this logic.

Capitalism and democracy - they often sound similar BUT they are quite
different.
We must avoid handing 'economic market' to a few by taking away
communication rights of all others. Why structurally punish the
majority poor (lives on 1$ /day) with additional taxes, 'passed on' to
them those that you state you support? Equitable development is
need...

> If your actions and business in any way support making Kenya a green economy
> then, that is the best gift we can give to our children for posterity. WE
> have messed the economy, tribalised ourselves and cannibalized the wetlands.
> Can we at least not add the headache of dealing with dumped e-waste we
> received as donations??

hmmm... reads like symptoms of excessive capitalism greed did it, and
you are not individually to blame my friend.

> I don't know why you have put me in this foul mood!!!!

Why Bill, when all I am doing is to protect those your rights you used
to sell every one of your previously owned computing/internet
connection equipment that you 'dumped on innocent souls':-)