[kictanet] [Skunkworks] the long fibre lie...Regulatory Action limited.

Gakuru Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:59:05 EAT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Walubengo J<jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Alex,
>
> Your have rightly qaulified your solution - as simple.  Indeed it is. Infact too simplistic to fly.

Your argument borders on suggesting that the police should not arrest
the next criminal they come across, because there are too may others
out there anyway why bother arresting this one?

> The idea that the Regulator can reign in Operators who charge "high" internet rates cannot and will not work.

It is not "an idea" bw. 'academician' but the letter of the law.

"Under sections 23 and 47 of the Kenya Communications Act of 1998, the
Commission is required to ensure that communications services are
provided throughout Kenya and that the interests of all users of these
services are protected with respect to prices charged for and the
quality and variety of those services among other responsibilities."

<http://www.cck.go.ke/consumer_center>

Read also The Competition Bill, 2009 and The Consumer Protection Bill, 2007

My old friend John, it is now becoming increasingly harder to engage
with your defensive lines of arguments. I also note you have copied
this message to your "home tuff":-)

Regards,

Alex