[kictanet] [Skunkworks] the long fibre lie...Regulatory Action limited.

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 11:34:33 EAT 2009

The fire rages on, well Alex in my limited knowledge the law recognises
companies as "Corporate Citizens" in the same way  it recognises Mwananchi,
we have to find a middle ground, maybe its time to take this "War" to Bunge,
what do you think ? seems like it is a rights issue...haki yetu

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Gakuru Alex <alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Walubengo J<jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Alex,
> >
> > Your have rightly qaulified your solution - as simple.  Indeed it is.
> Infact too simplistic to fly.
>
> Your argument borders on suggesting that the police should not arrest
> the next criminal they come across, because there are too may others
> out there anyway why bother arresting this one?
>
> > The idea that the Regulator can reign in Operators who charge "high"
> internet rates cannot and will not work.
>
> It is not "an idea" bw. 'academician' but the letter of the law.
>
> "Under sections 23 and 47 of the Kenya Communications Act of 1998, the
> Commission is required to ensure that communications services are
> provided throughout Kenya and that the interests of all users of these
> services are protected with respect to prices charged for and the
> quality and variety of those services among other responsibilities."
>
> <http://www.cck.go.ke/consumer_center>
>
> Read also The Competition Bill, 2009 and The Consumer Protection Bill, 2007
>
> My old friend John, it is now becoming increasingly harder to engage
> with your defensive lines of arguments. I also note you have copied
> this message to your "home tuff":-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

Barrack O. Otieno