[kictanet] Seacom goes live- wait for TEAMS

Catherine Adeya elizaslider at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 17:48:54 EAT 2009

I agree that this information is publicly available and I can share what I found based on some research I am currently involved in. If I am wrong, kindly update as it will also help with our research. As you can see I have already deleted a few from TEAMS. Thanks Nyaki:

TEAMS Shareholders
Kenya government (20%) France Telecom (10%) Access Kenya (1.25 %)
Safaricom (22.5%) Kenya Data Networks (10%) Inhand Equip Ltd (1.25 %)
Econet Wireless Kenya ltd (10%) Wananchi Telecom (5%)
  Flashcom (1.25 %)
Telkom Kenya (22.5 %)
  Jamii Telecom           (3.75%)
  Fibrent Africa of Uganda. (1.25 %)

 Seacom
shareholders
Industrial Promotion Services– an arm of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (25%) Convergence Partners (12.5%)

Venfin Limited (25 %) Shanduka Group (12.5%).
International Herakles Telecom with (25%)

EASSy Shareholders
Sudan: Sudatel
  Tanzania: Tanzania Telecommunications Company Limited
Djibouti: Djibouti Telecom  Madagascar: Telma
Somalia: Dalkom  Mozambique: Telecommunication de Mozambique
Kenya: Telkom Kenya  Pan-African telecom trade association: ATU
South Africa: Telkom SA, Neotel, MTN Group