[kictanet] KENYA ICT BOARD ANNOUNCES COMMENCEMENT OF BPO BANDWIDTH CAPACITY SUPPORT

Lucy Odhiambo lodhiambo at ict.go.ke
Fri Oct 17 18:11:46 EAT 2008

Dear All,

This morning the board held a press conference where our CEO , Paul Kukubo
together with our Deputy CEOs, Eunice Kariuki and Victor Kyalo, and BPO
operators, announced the commencement of disbursement of capacity support to
the BPO industry.

This is great  news for the industry as it will go a long way to ensure the
development and growth of this sub-sector.

We have placed a notice to the same effect in today's Standard Newspapers
and will place another one in tomorrow's Saturday Nation.

The team also briefed the press on the upcoming Silicon Valley Trip and the
great impact it will have on the broader ICT industry in terms of capacity
and relationship building. We wish our colleagues ,directors and industry
players all the best as they leave this weekend for San Jose, California.

The press releases and FAQ sheet are herewith for your perusal.

Regards,

Lucy Gachui-Odhiambo

Communications Manager

Kenya ICT Board