[kictanet] What should the Investment Policy Be?

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 13:59:27 EAT 2008

Plse lets hear more opinions on this issue. I heard one opinion that in the vent local investors are unable to raise funding, we could allow the foreing investor get in at 100% ownership on condition that they offload 20% to local investors within  3-5years.  Is this workable?

Yet another opinion was that local investors do have the funds - its just NOT structured i.e. well consolidated and cordinated. I think this may also be true if the recent Safaricom IPO is anything to go by. So it looks like we do have the funds for ICT investments while at the same time we dont! Where is the catch, bottleneck? How could this be resolved?

walu.