[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Re: PS Ndemo, ECONET Scandal aand Vested Interests

mwananchi at hushmail.com mwananchi at hushmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:27:20 EAT 2008

Very good questions indeed, except that these are some of the very
same questions in the inverse PS Ndemo has dodged answering in full
regarding the foreigners he has been meeting with behind closed
doors.

Who are these mysterious foreigners, are they the British Telecom's
of this world or arm twisting fraudsters operating out of Dubai,
Zimbabwe and Guernsey Islands?

As PS Ndemo says there should be nothing to hide, if BT wants to
come to Kenya they should publicly do so. If they want changes,
they can demand changes in investment policy openly through press
conferences and vocal diplomats and not secretly in PS Ndemo's
office out of public eye sight and ear shot if they have nothing to
be afraid of.

Logic demands that questions are not answered with evasive
questions more so from public servants. That is obsolete reasoning
that belonged to yesteryears gone by.

Kenyans should never agree to return to the down trodden eras where
accountability and transparency did not exist in public servants
books.

Gone are the days when public servants could do as they pleased and
contemptuously remark "so what?"

Kenyan citizens do not have to account to anybody for demanding
that public servants account for and carry out their duties
responsibly.

Responsible Kenyans should never apologise to anyone for asking
public servants to account for their actions. Any individual who
maliciously furthers the interests of foreigners while ignoring
those of Kenyans does not deserve to be in public office.

The Kenyan taxpayer does not spend their hard earned money to pay
public servants so they can turn around, forget about Kenyans and
promote foreign interests.

It is disheartening to see some Kenyans 45 years after independence
seemingly paralysed by a form of inferiority complex. These are the
parties who believe that Kenyans or Africans are incapable and that
foreign not indigenous is always better. It can hoped for in prayer
that they are one day cured of this backward African disease that
prevents us from collectively moving forward.

If a public servant cannot protect and uphold Kenyans interests
then they should leave those offices to responsible Kenyans who
can.

Individuals who embrace foreigners more than they embrace their own
nation should perhaps be seeking public office in foreign lands not
the Kenya their actions will retrogress. Anyone who is tired of
Kenyans standing up for their rights is obviously free to renounce
their citizenship and depart to foreign lands.

A Kenyan need not have any other motive other than that of acting
as a true Mwananchi when holding public servants and political
appointees to account for their actions.

Again, what list of policies and activities has PS Ndemo conducted
to promote the ability of Kenyans to own and increase significant
local shareholding in significant ICT enterprises before beginning
to champion the cause of foreigners?

Peterson

--
Taking a trip?  Click here to compare hotel rates and find a great deal.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eRClASu0dm5wx2JL4WXc5Lrm5ZOA1JR2Aue021wubJAFIlc/