[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Re: PS Ndemo, ECONET Scandal aand Vested Interests

mwananchi at hushmail.com mwananchi at hushmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:02:36 EAT 2008

Eric,

Thank you for your feedback. In general I believe we are in
agreement, it is when we get to the finer details where fine tuning
and compromise will be.

PS Ndemo should commit to putting Kenyan interests first and
working towards removing obstacles that prevent local investors
from succeeding such as policies that fail to take local investors
into account.

So that the message is not lost, this is not an argument that
foreigners should be locked out, rather they should be allowed into
the country under conditions favourable to Kenyans, the Nation and
of course the investor.

If PS Ndemo proceeds with his new policy lacking significant
amendments, while saying he has discussed it with stakeholders,
there will be no point in participating in sham PR exercises that
give the false appearance of consultative meetings.

It is good see the debate take a Pan African dimension on other
lists with views from other continental Africans and it is evident
the present day issue of economic sovereignty also afflicts other
nations such as Uganda.

I believe that an appropriate forum should host the policy
discussions and until then, new policy should be suspended until
the public and stakeholders have provided their input. The IGF
would be great however it
may not be within the scope of the IGF to do so. However if others
do agree then let it be so.

PO

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 06:18:19 +0000 "Eric M.K Osiakwan"
<emko at internetresearch.com.gh> wrote:
> [...]
>him
>> behind closed doors into submission. We want these unnamed
>vested
>> interests to take their case to the Kenyan public and to stop
>> coercing public servants behind closed doors, if they can
>convince
>> the public openly that what they need is good for Kenya then the
>> public through their representatives will effect such changes
>> openly and transparently.
>>
>> As for the other matters, they don't require endorsement or
>> agreement, the facts stand on their own, they are facts anyone
>can
>> verify by going to the High Court registrar, providing the case
>> number and obtaining the same documents and rulings. The near
>> collapse and disrespect of our institutions is as a result of
>the
>> permeation and embrace of a culture of impunity. If these
>> institutions were respected by among others, PS Ndemo, it would
>not
>> be an issue affecting the nation.
>>
>> I challenge anyone with any contradicting documents to dispute
>the
>> facts by presenting the same rather than attempting to
>assassinate
>> the messenger for blowing the whistle.
>>
>> Have a good weekend.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peterson
>>
>> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:38:36 +0000 "Eric M.K Osiakwan"
>> <emko at internetresearch.com.gh> wrote:
>>> Dear Peterson,
>>>
>>> I go with you on the wheel that the vested interest of the
>country
>>> in
>>> paramount.....
>>>
>>> The elements of my case though disappointing, i went with the
>>> established criteria since was applied across board but then in
>>> the
>>> situation where most of the local companies are majority owned
>by
>>> non-
>>> Africans, then one needs to look into the criteria again.
>>>
>>> The larger question, we need to raise is how do we ensure that
>the
>>>
>>> interest of other African investors can be unheld in another
>>> African
>>> jurisdiction, in the context of developing Africa by Africans.
>You
>>>
>>> know the TEAMS process is still ongoing so lets allow the
>>> establish
>>> procedures and policies to work, am patient and dont have any
>hard
>>>
>>> feelings at all.
>>>
>>> The other big question that we need to answer is, these huge
>>> infrastructure projects require huge sums of money, personally
>am
>>> not
>>> a deep pocket in that sense but at least i can raise the money,
>>> may
>>> be from another African country or worse case outside the
>>> if the amounts are way over. The TEAMS model where public funds

--
Suffering from back pain? Click now for the latest treatment options!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eyKVlbJeKV9y8heuwIbU9qrkHdp372nIDg38VfBQFzaR9LU/