[kictanet] Praemonitus praemunitus

Gakuru Alex alexgakuru.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 09:01:40 EAT 2008

Latin for "Forewarned is forearmed"

This message is solely meant to help *all* information consumers.

To assist their defense against majambazi na maharamia was mtandao
They hide behind "anonymous" email features. They are afraid of public
meeting....never show up....

A month ago I gave a talk "Social Implications of Modern Communication
Technologies" at a conference and below are excerpts and added my
advice and tips

----excerpt--
- emails are typed away and sent so fast
- mass circulation and forwarding ability
- have potential to cause immense anxieties
- email "stalking" after participation in public mailing lists
- more recent trend of faked online e-identities
- to plant other/self-motive interests in online fora/discussions
- hiding behind "anonymous" technologies convenience.
--excerpts--

-My Advice?
- Until you verify they exist, refer to *hot* new 'unknown'
subscribers as 'John Doe',
- Ask technology experts, for example , skunkworks, to analyse
suspicious messages origins,
- Diaspora purporting 'John Doe' ALAS! could be sending messages from
inside here in Kenya
- email messages carry along and shows IP addresses of the route they
traveled:)
- We remember netiquette guidelines (www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt)
- All else failing, dump bad eggs, bad apples, etc where they belong

--ends--

Have a peaceful Sunday and happy new week:)

Regards,

Alex