[kictanet] What Role is Civil Society, Private and Public Sector Playing in ICT4D-Day 1 of 10

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 14:45:20 EAT 2008

Thanx Mike for your quick and precise definitions...I found
that your thinking does match the understanding from good
old Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/ and I quote below.

Civil society: refers to the arena of un-coerced collective
action around shared interests, purposes and values.,

Private Sector: is that part of the economy which is both
run for private profit and is not controlled by the state.

Public Sector:part of economic and administrative life that
deals with the delivery of goods and services by and for
the government,

ICT4D: refers to the application of Information and
Communication Technologies (ICTs) within the field of
socio-economic Development.

I do hope everyone agrees with these definitions so that we
avoid misunderstandings as we progress in the discussions.

walu.

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com