[kictanet] Kenya ICT Board member quits amid controversy

Wambui Wakarema wambuiwakarema at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 5 13:20:21 EAT 2008

Kimacia's decision to quit the ICT Board was correct. While we are on this subject, can CCK come clean on why a recently appointed KCCT Board member who runs the largest call centre in Kenya, has now been awarded a contract to train call centre agents for KCCT?
  Isnt this conflict of interest?

  Dr Ndemo, over to you. We require accountability accross the board.

  Wambui

Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Rebecca Wanjiku
wrote:
> Kenya ICT Board member quits amid controversy
> Faced with perceptions of conflict of interest over Digital Villages
> projects, a member of the Kenya ICT Board has resigned.
> Peter Kimacia's resignation comes after several months of controversy over
> his involvement in the ICT Board and his role as the head of the Digital
> Villages Network (DVN), a public-private sector partnership.
> http://computerworld.co.ke/articles/2008/04/23/kenya-ict-board-member-quits-amid-controversy

It's great to know that there are sould in KE who still have the
capability to "recall" conscience. He should have left earlier if it
was intact, but it's still good enough as an example to those who
simply can't go.
I congratulate him on this step.

--
Best regards,