[kictanet] {Disarmed} Fw: Re: [NewVisionKenya] Voiceless'Knowl edge Workers'

wainaina.mungai at gmail.com wainaina.mungai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:56:28 EAT 2008

Shem, can we have an over-arching coordinated approach to implementation without first taking a break to Master Plan? Could we change things mid-way implementation instead of going back to the planning stage again? Kenya has been planning and analysing for so long that many of us just want to see action.

Paul, why wouldn't the ICT Board act as a coordination centre or a central reference point for ICT projects in Kenya? As you market ICTs, let all ICT projects (by Civil society, Private sector, government, PPP etc) be documented, easily accessed and referenced so that we encourage partnerships or complementary projects.

I believe this would allow us to focus on Action/Implementation and let "The Kenyan Approach" be a learning-by-doing model.

For instance, www.BungeSMS.com would be happy to find more partners from a central projects database of ICT/mgovernment projects. We are talking to a few and would be glad to complement others with a similar vision. All this can be done - in practice - rather than as per a generic umbrella plan.

Regards
Wainaina