[kictanet] Another lost side-mirror

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:30:00 EAT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:44 AM, John Walubengo <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yesterday evening (6.30pm) i parked just outside the Hilton and lost my second side mirror within the year.  Fine, i didnt tip the security guard but it was because he wasnt in site...
>
> Anyway, just wondering, with all this 'Butterfly' cameras and now 'HOTSPOTS' hovering above the City, why cant the Police take advantage of them and beef up security?  I dont think we need to wait for the year 2030 or another multi-billion donor funded project for this to happen. I suspect there is still a HUGE disconnect between regular (r-)Government and electronic (e-)Government.
>
> May you have a safer evening tonite.

Hello Walu,

When I used to move around in a car, I had some strict rules to
observe and they were mostly geared towards helping me not be in a
situation where I have to pay about KES 4000 for side mirrors.
Going past Simmers Restaurant (knowing I'd require to park and leave
the car) was a No-No. At Simmers, the street boys are always there and
they take good care of the car if you tip them (they very much guard
the car against themselves!).
Please don't wait for the Police to catch up. You'll probably die
after another 50 years and they'd not have "reached there":-)
Vision 2030 (or whatever other visions are there) have no provisions
for the Police to do such things.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,