[kictanet] Agenda Bashing - Kenya ICT Stakeholders Forum

Bill Kagai billkagai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:17:04 EAT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Brian Munyao Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But you miss my point. NCS is the *implementor* of policy views gathered
> from the populace. They have the responsibility of interpreting all the
> wishes and demands and turning those into actionable policy recommendations.

In other words, the buck stops with them. Instead of taking churned notes to
them to convert into policy, why don't we set them up and make them
responsible for the thought process so that they can know how to phrase the
policy so that all views are articulated.

In other..other.... words, lets do it differently this time round.

PS..With no reference to anyone, a pal once asked me to define stupidity. He
told me its the art of doing the same thing, the same way, over and over
again and expecting different results. We need a new team doing the policy
this time round.

Since we have tried it one way before, why not embrace 'Here Be
Dragons<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_be_dragons>'
and venture into un-charted waters.

But if the rest feel otherwise, I will not belabour the point...but concur
with what the majority decides and move on.