[kictanet] Legislation and Regulation for e-Commerce in Kenya

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:57:35 EAT 2008

Brian
I am quite impressed at your expert use of the iPhone.

But to add my 2 cents:

Lets not hasten in putting regulations against the practice of ICT -
whatever that it is - lest not we stop the development of our nation and
industry in its timid tracks. Let it be. Leave it alone. It will fix itself.

A good example, they were regulations around what people can and can not do
we would not have today the following technologies and product lines which
were created by people with no credentials and any hope of getting the same:

- Microsoft products - we all know of Bill Gates educational background
despite his PhD
- Oracle products - Larry Ellison does not have a degree
- Apple
- Linux

and other innumerable products that would have died on the vine if they had
been subjected to the kind of censorship I am seeing being enumerated here.

Please leave the industry alone. It is out of fear that one wants to
control.

Joe

Joseph Manthi
CEO