[kictanet] What would it take to make a better Kenya?

Njeri Rionge njeri.rionge at igniteconsulting.co.ke
Wed Jan 9 12:00:28 EAT 2008

On 1/9/08 8:27 AM, "Harry Hare" <harry at africanedevelopment.org> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2008 11:03 AM, brian <brian at caret.net> wrote:
>
> Alice posed an interesting question, here is my 1 para....
>
> 1) A better Kenya is one where leaders put country and electorate before
> personal interest.
> 2) A better Kenya is one where we think before we act.
> 3) A better Kenya is one where we see ourselves as Kenyans and not as tribes.
> Tanzania has 120 tribes and their sense of nationhood is exemplary.
> 4) A better Kenya is one where our love for peace supersedes our passion for
> power.
>
> 5. A better Kenya is where all have equal opportunities to improve their
> livelihoods.
> 6. A better Kenya is where poverty will be a thing of the past.
> 7. A better Kenya is where justice, law and order are enforced without fear or
> favour
> 8. A better Kenya is where the have¹s and the have not¹s are treated equally
> as human beings, and their rights are upheld by all Kenyans
> 9. A better Kenya is where leaders are accountable for their actions and where
> the Wananchi hold them accountable for lack of accountability with the
> inclusion of all Wananchi being both responsible and accountable
> 10. A better Kenya is where forgiveness for our past colonial sin¹s are
> forgiven through a fair process that recognizes all the impediments and
> creates capacity for corrective actions.
> 11. A better Kenya is where the have¹s will stand up and be counted for change
> and improvement of all lives for a better social economic benefit

Njeri Rionge
Chief Executive Officer
Ignite Consulting Limited
Eden Square 7th Floor
Chiromo Rd, Westlands
P. O. Box 15568 00100 GPO Nairobi, Kenya
T: (254 20) 3673250‹9
C:(254) (0)722-522-136
E: njeri.rionge at igniteconsulting.co.ke
http://www.igniteconsulting.co.ke

IT Solutions:- eDocuments Management, Data Management, Disaster Preparedness
and Hosting and Management Services for all your IT needs. Services
delivered to you by Ignite Technologies an Ignite Consulting Subsidiary
focusing on Systems Integration.

Professional & Life Skills Coaching, Quality Management Systems, Health
Safety, Food Safety & Environment Management Systems, Lead Auditor Courses
that are Internationally Accredited by IRCA, Training on Conformity and
Compliance based on International Standards (ISO), Business Management,
Organizational Development, Capacity Building and Strategy Facilitation and
Development.