[kictanet] SMS Service by the 2 Operators

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:20:08 EAT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Alex Gakuru <alex.gakuru at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And could they have quietly termitted cheaper GPRS
> services in favour of EDGE (on Blackberry at 2,000/=
> pm)?

I was configuring a mobile phone for my workmate yesterday but one. After
configuring the e-mail services, I did ask him to call Safaricom to get GPRS
enabled. This was done quite fast by Safaricom Customer Care. However when
he connected to browse, I realized that instead of displaying GPRS as the
connection mode, it displayed EDGE.
It did not quite get me thinking until this e-mail by Gakuru!
Is there a cost factor to it though? Do they charge differently for EDGE
[aka (E)GPRS] than GPRS?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,