[kictanet] Abuse of Personal information

Brian Munyao Longwe brian at caret.net
Tue Aug 26 11:32:38 EAT 2008

I think I understand now, thanks for the elaboration. I see this as a
clear consumer issue that needs to be addressed through development
of "Best Practice" or even better a "Code of Conduct" for such
resorts, hotels, hospitality chains and their affiliate marketing
institutions. Unfortunately though, there is no clear place where
such consumer issues can be addressed and acted upon.

I think that in connection with this are the issues of identity,
personal records, privacy and security that seem to be glossed over
in the various current sets of draft legislation floating around. In
my honest opinion I sincerely feel that these have not been amply
addressed from a consumer standpoint.

Brian