[kictanet] Abuse of Personal information

James Kagwe jkagwe at KIPPRA.OR.KE
Tue Aug 26 11:28:51 EAT 2008

Brian,

I think to me the abuse comes in due to the fact that the victim gave
out personal information innocently not knowing what the recipient was
planning to use it for. Later he was called and told that he had won a
holiday which was actually a lie as it was pegged on him joining and
paying a membership fee. I think it also feel bad when you are invited
to take up a ticket which you have won only for people to use your three
hours trying to market a product to you, they would as well come out
clean and indicate what they want outrightly other than wasting your
time. Besides, if I can take my example the time they approached me my
financial position then, would not have afforded me such and if I new
that they were calling me for that I wouldn't even had gone.

Well, I may be wrong but that's my feeling.

Regards,

James Kagwe