[kictanet] Abuse of Personal information

Brian Munyao Longwe brian at caret.net
Tue Aug 26 10:44:19 EAT 2008

Hi James,

I have been invited for this same session in much the same way the
lady describes in her story. Due to a hectic schedule I didn't make
it for the evening presentation, despite being scheduled (and
confirming) 3 times in a row.

While I cannot vouch for or against this particular group as I have
not yet "tasted" their system/process etc, I will say that I went
through an identical experience about 4-5 years ago with "Africa
Vacation Club" - and my wife and I actually opted to purchase one of
the options which was an off-peak week at their resort  (my
subsequent experience showed that it's a concept called timeshare).

To cut a long story short, we paid for our membership category, have
maintained our membership by paying the required annual maintenance
fee and have enjoyed a wonderful week holiday at their Kilifi resort
with the kids (I have 3). We have also since received our full RCI
membership pack, including card and catalogue of other venues around
the world where we can "exchange" our local week.

But, having said that I do know, and am aware that some con artists
have used this gimmick in the past to con innocent Kenyans out of
hard-earned money, there are a couple of sites on the 'net that
attest to that.

What I'm curious about is how the experience you detailed/shared
amounts to abuse of personal information? Especially since the said
forms were filled voluntarily, which could be assumed to be an "opt
in" decision milestone.

Please elaborate?

Regards,

Brian