[kictanet] Day 4 of 10:- eContent Requirements for Regulators

Fatma Bashir fbashir at cyberschooltech.com
Tue Oct 16 18:24:31 EAT 2007

Hi Brian,

Once we have found ways to reach Grandma and now she knows...how do we make
the sites user friendly? in response to your last sentence.....would wizards
help...like complaint wizards  (with drop down menus where possible?). One
challenge will always be awareness of channels of information, points of
access, effective utilization, correct recepient of complaint ( service
provider or regulator) and another will also have to be monitoring of
response - did one's issue/request etc get responded to when and by who and
what about escalation?.

In terms of eContent

Coverage of the service providers, tarriffs, subscriber base (market
share) - combined and by region (provinces as well?), intended footprint
over next 6 months, regional partnerships and their footprints as well.
Customer service points region wide
Links to service provider websites (?)
some kind of service related poll
a Blog or two? I heard someone call them eDiscussion logs (!)

Fatma

> Hi Alice,
>
> On Oct 15, 2007, at 6:07 PM, alice wrote:
>

>>> "My question: besides colorful brochures what concrete actions are
>>> our  regulators taking to ensure that every citizen is aware of
>>> their  rights, privileges and what services are available to them.
>>> Regards Brian"
>>>
>> The CCK recently unveiled the CCK service chatter that sets public
>> expectations Re: dealing with the Commission and its staff
>> interchangeably called the "The Customer Service Charter " it
>> outlines rights and responsibilities and the procedure to follow
>> if  CCK service standards are not met. available at www.cck.go.ke
>
> This is excellent - but how will this help my grandma in shags - how
> does she find out that there's a website? How does she find out that
> she actually has certain rights as a telecoms consumer? How does she
> know what avenues to take to set up a rural ISP?
>
> Where I'm heading to - and I hoped that this came out of the example
> I gave of the Indian CMA - is something called OUTREACH. To what
> extent do our regulatory authorities reach out to the
> technologically, geographically and financially challenged?
>
> I know I'm straying from the e-content discussion but I think it's a
> good tangent.
>
> Maybe we need to think outside the box and come up with creative ways
> of getting this e-content right into the hands of the consumers.
>
> Maybe an E-Book with lots of pictures and sounds to help the
> layperson come to grips with the often abstract and confusing
> concepts that plague regulatory authorities?
>
> Brian

> 10/15/2007 5:55 PM

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.