[kictanet] TeleTech Expands Global Footprint Into South Africa

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:47:46 EAT 2007

  TeleTech Expands Global Footprint Into South Africa
New Facility to Support Growing Need for Global Outsourcing
Distribution Source : Market Wire

Date : Monday, November 26, 2007

ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Market Wire - Nov 26, 2007) -- TeleTech Holdings,
Inc. (NASDAQ: TTEC), one of the largest and most geographically
diverse global providers of business process outsourcing (BPO)
solutions, today announced its expansion into South Africa, further
broadening its global sourcing platform to encompass six continents.

Today, TeleTech began construction on its first facility on the
African continent. Ground was broken at the Old Match Factory in Salt
River, Cape Town, at a ceremony attended by major officials from the
South Africa government. The Cape Town facility is scheduled to
commence operations later this year.

As a new investor to South Africa, TeleTech is the first
multinational company to benefit from a new investment incentive plan
launched by the South African Department of Trade & Industry, which
has targeted the international business process outsourcing industry
as a major future source of employment.

"BPO is critical to our economic development strategy and we see
TeleTech as an anchor company for this new industry," Minister of
Trade & Industry Mandisi Mpalhwa said. "We are grateful for the
commitment TeleTech has made to develop our industry."

TeleTech plans to build a number of new facilities in South Africa
and in other African countries, creating thousands of new jobs to
serve global clients seeking multiple levels of front- and back-
office support.

"We welcome TeleTech to South Africa as a partner in our mission to
increase our economic growth to six percent and as a strategic
bridgehead for the Accelerated & Shared Growth Initiative South
Africa," said Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, deputy president of the
Republic of South Africa.

"Africa's future is in services and South Africa is a virtually
untapped market for offshore BPO. We are attracted by the country's
excellent infrastructure, talented and growing labor pool, and the
widespread use of English," commented Craig Reines, general manager
of TeleTech Africa. "South Africa is a high quality location linking
Africa into the global BPO supply chain."

ABOUT TELETECH

TeleTech is one of the largest and most geographically diverse global
providers of business process outsourcing solutions. We have a 25-
year history of designing, implementing, and managing critical
business processes for Global 1000 companies to help them improve
their customers' experience, expand their strategic capabilities, and
increase their operating efficiencies. By delivering a high-quality
customer experience through the effective integration of customer-
facing front-office processes with internal back-office processes, we
enable our clients to better serve, grow, and retain their customer
base. We use Six Sigma-based quality methods continually to design,
implement, and enhance the business processes we deliver to our
clients and we also apply this methodology to our own internal
operations. We have developed deep domain expertise and support
approximately 300 business process outsourcing programs serving
approximately 135 global clients in the automotive, communications,
financial services, government, healthcare, retail, technology and
travel and leisure industries. Our integrated global solutions are
provided by more than 52,000 employees utilizing 37,700 workstations
across 90 delivery centers in 18 countries.

FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS

This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements
that involve risks and uncertainties. The projections and statements
contained in these forward-looking statements involve known and
unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our
actual results, performance, or achievements to be materially
different from any future results, performance, or achievements
expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. All
statements not based on historical fact are forward-looking
statements that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. In
accordance with the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995,
following are important factors that could cause our actual results
to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-
looking statements, including but not limited to the following: all
of the results reported above are presented without taking into
account any adjustments that may be required in connection with the
ongoing review of TeleTech's accounting for equity-based compensation
plans and should be considered preliminary until TeleTech files its
Form 10-Q for the third quarter ended September 30, 2007; the review
and possible conclusions may have an impact on the amount and timing
of previously awarded non-cash equity-based compensation expense for
current and previous financial periods; the effect of TeleTech's
failure to timely file all of its required reports under the
Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, including the potential of a
default under its credit facility; our ability to meet the
requirements of the NASDAQ Stock Market for continued listing of our
shares; potential claims and proceedings relating to such matters,
including shareholder litigation and action by the SEC and/or other
governmental agencies; and negative tax or other implications for
TeleTech resulting from any accounting adjustments or other factors;
our belief that we are continuing to see strong demand for our
services and that sales cycles are shortening; the ability to close
and ramp new business opportunities that are currently being pursued
or that are in the final stages with existing and/or potential
clients in order to achieve our Business Outlook; estimated revenue
from new, renewed, and expanded client business as volumes may not
materialize as forecasted or be sufficient to achieve our Business
Outlook; the possibility of lower revenue or price pressure from our
clients experiencing a business downturn or merger in their business;
greater than anticipated competition in the BPO and customer
management market, causing adverse pricing and more stringent
contractual terms; risks associated with losing or not renewing
client relationships, particularly large client agreements, or early
termination of a client agreement; the risk of losing clients due to
consolidation in the industries we serve; consumers' concerns or
adverse publicity regarding our clients' products; our ability to
execute our growth plans, including sales of new services; our
ability to achieve our year-end 2007 and 2008 financial goals,
including those set forth in our Business Outlook; risks associated
with attracting and retaining cost-effective labor at our delivery
centers; the possibility of additional asset impairments and
restructuring charges; risks associated with changes in foreign
currency exchange rates; our ability to find cost effective delivery
locations, obtain favorable lease terms, and build or retrofit
facilities in a timely and economic manner; risks associated with
business interruption due to weather, pandemic or terrorist-related
events; economic or political changes affecting the countries in
which we operate; achieving continued profit improvement in our
International BPO operations; changes in accounting policies and
practices promulgated by standard setting bodies; and new legislation
or government regulation that impacts the BPO and customer management
industry.

Investor Contact:
Karen Breen
Investor Relations