[kictanet] My Evening in Jail (O.K, next to Jail)

Brian Longwe brian at isisweb.nl
Wed Mar 7 19:09:25 EAT 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 4:56 PM, John Walubengo wrote:

> Here is the IT angle - isn't it time their website
> www.kenyapolice.go.ke gave the Citizens the correct
> position regarding Police Procedures for Civil/Criminal
> offence? I mean I never knew a traffic offence could earn
> you 1-night accomodation with General Ali's (the Police
> Commissioner) guests. Further more, when are those so
> called Tamper-proof Driving Licences going to hit the
> market?

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing (in your v. pleasant style) your experience.
Actually I think you are letting us off a bit easily by only
suggesting procedures be on the Police website. I would go a bit
further.

Every Mobile Police Unit and/or Traffic stop have a functional laptop
with wireless access to various databases:
- IDs / Passports/ Work Permits / Visa
- Driving License
- Car Registration
- Criminal Records Database

That way by simply running a couple of simple queries they would
immediately know whether you are worthy of being offered free
accomodation.

Regards,

Mblayo

Brian Longwe					+254(0) 20 445 2327 - t
Chief Executive Officer			+254(0) 722 518744 - m
InHand Limited					+254(0) 733 518744 - m
M3, Westlands Court,			+254(0) 20 374 7881 - f
Westlands Close, Westlands Rd.	www.inhand.co.ke
P.O. Box 30054-00100			SIP: 30753274 at sip.epygi.com
Nairobi, Kenya