[kictanet] Is 999 a local BPO opp?-beyond the BPO

Michuki Mwangi michuki at kenic.or.ke
Wed Jun 27 16:45:33 EAT 2007

John Walubengo wrote:

> In other words, all our BPO strategies must recognise our
> inadequacies precisely in some of the services u mention
> (the value chain) and ugrade them accordingly

What i would be pleased to see is a way of monetizing the services that
emanate from the front end. Thats the only way the back end would
upgrade itself through investment.

The only way it will be successful is if there is a business case. IMHO
the key is volume which is equal to the Kenyan population that can dial
999 from any telephone.

The simple opinion of it that for each 999 call made (prank or not), a
service provider who responds and attends to the call generates revenue
- that would possibly make a business case worth considering.

Just thinking out loud! :)

Regards,

--
Michuki Mwangi