[kictanet] Is 999 a local BPO opp?-beyond the BPO

John Walubengo jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 16:18:24 EAT 2007

Actually am for the idea...and understand perfectly well
the front-end (customer-focus) capability the local BPO
(call center) would offer these utilities. However, the
moral of my story was that an efficient front-end would be
quickly be frustrated by an in-efficient and sometimes
non-existent back-end (supplier of services).

In other words, all our BPO strategies must recognise our
inadequacies precisely in some of the services u mention
(the value chain) and ugrade them accordingly...preferably
before the famous fiber-cables hit our shores.

I think it was KenCall or another local BPO that said how
their Operational Expenditure is increased simply because
they have to meet the extra cost of security(guards),
transport(taxi) and power (generators) - thinks that
investors in other economies rarely bother to think about.

walu.

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/jwalu%40yahoo.com