[kictanet] CCK (NOT) Preaching Wine & Drinking Water

Michuki Mwangi michuki at kenic.or.ke
Thu Jul 5 16:13:12 EAT 2007

mucheru at wananchi.com wrote:
> Walu/Alex,
>
> I the issue is not with CCK. They contracted local providers to provide
> services here are the results .... I think the regulator did the right
> thing.

And its worth noting that CCK is not the only victim, i could point to
quite a number of other sites that face similar predicaments which boils
down to cost of hosting.

For there to be a shift in preference there are two things that need to
happen

1) Affordable collocation/data center facilities need to be built ASAP.
2) International fiber.

There are good 'signs' on point 2, however more could be done on point
1. After all land along Mombasa road is still within reach of most.

Walu - your pension may tripple as a result :)

Regards,

--
Michuki Mwangi
KENIC