[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Re: CCK (NOT) Preaching Wine & Drinking Water

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 13:02:57 EAT 2007

--- mucheru at wananchi.com wrote:

> Walu/Alex,
>
> I the issue is not with CCK. They contracted local
> providers to provide
> services here are the results .... I think the
> regulator did the right
> thing.

Mucheru,

The problem here is that the Licensor of hosting
services   in Kenya either does not know or allows
their content hosting abroad while, and on information
and belief, we assume CCK is providing leadership on
the matter.

If the Market study recommendation "CCK manages KIXP"
comes into effect, should we expect greater
efficiency? Thus I recommended naming and shaming of
non-KIXP users and CCK should speak out their policy
on this matter themselves.

Perhaps I speak on behalf of several such licensees
who constantly decry the cost of international
bandwidth?
Obviously most cannot comment because the need
licenses renewed but you know consumers do not and
they pay enough anyway.

Do you understand my fears the government is not
investing 1% on international fibre, despite asking
providers to pay 1% for UA and Kenya is a founder
members of the 1% digital solidarity fund? Read 1%
connectivity commitment disconnect>>consumers suffer.