[kictanet] Elections take center-stage on the internet

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 08:15:26 EAT 2007

"Parliament Buildings to be ICT-compliant...To access it, you need to log into www.parliament.go.ke or www.bunge.go.ke" The Hon. House Speaker, Francis Ole Kaparo on 15TH DECEMBER, 2006.

With www.cj2007.com also coming up soon, it appears 2007 aspirants  read the Speakers speech well and are working at being Internet-Compliant hopefuls  to fit-in the new house setting, which could only be good for our internet. The only question I have is, "what are they doing towards their rural constituents' internet access?"

<snip>

"politics has a lot to do with perception. It was therefore important
that whatever had to appear on the Website had to be true, factual,
accurate, right, correct and absolutely exact. Since an honourable
Member should not be capable of lying, things said about them and
Parliament should also not be untruths or half-truths.

With the launch of the Website today, we are telling the public and
by inference, officers who are employed by the same public to
provide public services to them, that the era of guesswork, gossip,
blissful ignorance, inexactitude, subterfuge, conjecture, rumours,
innuendos, insinuations, lack of transparency and accountability in
managing public affairs is gone, buried and will never come back
again."
<snip>
http://www.bunge.go.ke/downloads/SPEAKERS%20SPEECH%20ON%20WEBSITE.pdf