[kictanet] Elections take center-stage on the internet

meldon at symphony.co.ke meldon at symphony.co.ke
Mon Feb 26 11:39:00 EAT 2007

Quad erat demonstrandum (So it has been shown)

Mike Eldon

             John Walubengo
             <jwalu at yahoo.com>
             kictanet-bounces+         meldon at symphony.co.ke
             meldon=symphony.c                                          cc
             o.ke at kictanet.or.
             ke                                                    Subject
                                       Re: [kictanet] Elections take
                                       center-stage on the internet
             02/24/2007 05:48
             PM

             Please respond to
             Kenya ICT Action
                 Network -
                 KICTANet
             <kictanet at kictane
                 t.or.ke>

QED (though I can't seem to remember what that meant...)

But I think Judy, you have actually solved the riddle! none
of the official site were hacked.  someone simply
registered similar names of the official sites and then put
up whatever they wanted on it....

But that is technical details.  What I must admit is that
whoever did it was simultaneously simplistic and brilliant
(perfect profile for nasty hackers).  I do ofcourse condone
the act but cannot fail to acknowledge this type of
intelligence...i highly suspect it was Kenyan proving yet
again that Kenyans are at the top of their game - both the
positive and bad side of things.

Nway, in the absence of the ICT Bill/Act, I wonder if
anyone/someone can hold this chap accountable?  ICT
Lawyers, here is chance to make another first in Kenya...

walu.

http://kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/judyokite%40gmail.com

> --

=== message truncated ===>