[kictanet] Faith in local web hosting

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 13:28:01 EAT 2007

Hi Brian,

As you rightfully indicate in your post you are coming in late on this discussion, this is the problem with a mailing list unlike a blog or forum the history of a discussion is not maintained.

Thus just to get us on the same page your arguments are actually in support of my position, which is that we need to develop local content and hosting capacity as well are reliable country wide connectivity before the arrival of the fiber optic marine cable.

The road analogy was to explain my point that the cable is a highway which needs to arrive when we have already created linkages to the rest of the country and not what we seem to be doing which is waiting for the marine cable as the panaceas to all our slow internet issues.

You do bring an interested issue in your point on the objective of the roads as a means to cart off our resources, could the fiber optic cable be a modern approach to the same?

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor