[kictanet] Faith in local web hosting

Bill Kagai mediacorp.research at mediacorp.co.ke
Mon Dec 3 09:02:11 EAT 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 8:21 AM, Alex Gakuru <alex.gakuru at yahoo.com> wrote:>
> This comment is this rather revealing and very
> pointed.

I agree with both comments and the problem lies in expectations.
Whilst some expect to see the discussions in this list translate into
action..Alex is equally right that advocacy is essential. My problem
is that outside this list nobody knows of Kictanet existence. [not
proven]. When we discuss policy, we never get the final reports
circulated, when ideas are floated, we never know if the Kictanet
mandarins  will implement, when interesting ideas are developed on
this list, we never see them tangibly hitting the ground and just
remain lurking in this list.

Actually, the Kictanet website [kictanet/about us] does not even let
us know of the structure and who are in charge, their terms and term
in office and when to expect elections or an AGM for this society.
Google 'kictanet' and you will see the 1,750 results are restricted
around kictanet members websites...then try something like 'knhrc' and
the 7,000+ results show that the activities hit the ground through
newspapers, wikipedia amongst other channels. With the clout and
respect kictanet has...we can easily achieve impact like knchr.

Either way, kazi iendelee!! Wa-kictanet musilale....bado
mapambano...lakini domo iendelee.

Bill