[kictanet] Faith in local web hosting

Alex Gakuru alex.gakuru at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 08:21:08 EAT 2007

But Bwana PS,

--- bitange at jambo.co.ke wrote:
>  The greater problem
> though is that we have far too many activists than
> we have entrepreneurs.

This comment is this rather revealing and very
pointed.
But if "activism" is this bothering to government,
then perhaps we could be succeeding far more than we
imagined and we pray that there are no severe high-
handed retaliations in waiting:)

1. There is hardly enough social movement and change
agents in this area and governments rarely "entertain"
opposed views. Usually they wish them away so that the
official position remains the absolute dogmatic truth.

2. In the last two years of outsourcing, how many NEW
entrepreneurs have invested dearly in BPOs and how
much has the country earned?

3. Provoking Yawes, Gakuru,and others are asking is: -

- In the final analysis,will the cable really help
much? or will the last chapter of the outsourcing
gospel be "cable ilitengenezewa na iko na wenyewe"?
- Why is the PS avoiding guaranteeing the final
consumer prices?

How many "activists" are standing to you and asking
these such hard questions? I feel that you should
encourage more to probe this project if not for
accountability sake, then to save on future commission
of enquiries.

But if you do not want the questions please say so.

> Innovative people cannot complain about idle
> capacity of such a factor of
> production.  It is criminal that you who is aware of
> what ICT
> infrastructure can do to the country that you sit
> there to complain that
> it is idle instead of raising awareness to the
> public and utilizing that
> asset.

Excuse me, but it is rather unfair that your
statements target at "discrediting" the person for
asking you hard questions. He is your BOSS!

Gakuru