[kictanet] KICTANet Digest, Vol 175, Issue 2

Adrian Teri adriateri at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:27:22 EAT 2022

This also extends to: Do we have competent and constant learning teams in
police departments who can carry out investigations regarding IT, a
team/division in the office of #ODPP who can construct prosecutions that
can't be easily tossed and finally a team/division in the judiciary that
can substantively and effectively determine matters regarding IT?

As Bruce Schneier likes to say, Computers are essentially now in
everything! The "*Ubiquitous/Everywhere Computing*". It simply cuts across
many if not all aspects of people's lives today! In fact there should be an
agency/ministry regulating this! Do you have a medical device/implant in
your body like an insulin pump or A pacemaker that monitors your heart's
electrical impulses or an artificial assistive heart pumping device? Does
your tractor use computers to determine & adjust the angle/slope of your
soil during sowing/planting? Do you use digital payment systems(m-pesa,
credit cards etc) and online banking? What controls the automotive controls
in your car like how hard to accelerate or brake(+ ABS which avoids locking
of wheels that negates rubber becoming like ice!) etc etc

It's possible for many wins to come out of precedent rule makings. One that
I hope will come out is making all technologies & processes #IEBC uses be
know-able/list-able, open and even make the #IEBC make part of hardware,
the KIEMS kits used, available at a juncture & location just like with
the *voting
villages *at *#Defcon *where all are welcome to tinker, disassemble, prod
etc both the hardware + software

Regards,
Adrian Teri