[kictanet] Should We Reserve a Slot for an ICT Professional Within the IEBC Commission??

Shitemi Khamadi shitemi.khamadi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:42:50 EAT 2022

Hi David

Interesting question. I was pondering the same early this week and my
answer is yes. The issue would be the process of getting there and I think
we have a number.

The best would be if it's anchored in the constitution. Meaning that should
there be any process to amend the IEBC section, then the sector should
consider adding their voice to it. The second is to Parliament and the
select committee that oversees this process. A memo to them, quite early in
their process should suffice. The same can also be sent to the President.
The last is to encourage colleagues to put their names out there when the
time comes.

A representative process closer to the IPPG one could also work, if such an
opportunity arises or legal revisions lend themselves to it.

Thank you

On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 3:23 PM David Indeje via KICTANet <

--

"In the whole wide world, Africa comes first.
 Let Africans remain as Africans and not become poor copies of Europeans.

  Rev. (Dr.) Samuel  Aggrey.

Twitter @oleshitemi

www.shitemi.com
<http://oleshitemi.wordpress.com/>