[kictanet] KICTANet Digest, Vol 171, Issue 20

Adrian Teri adriateri at gmail.com
Tue May 31 01:48:34 EAT 2022

Have just learnt that #mpesa agents can carry out #simwaps. The proposed
law to register them now makes sense!

Important to all to avoid #simswaps being carried out by #mpesa agents:

dial *100*100#OK to stop any replacement from an agent shop

*https://twitter.com/BravinYuri/status/1531194495588524032?s=20&t=IJCyM8mwymIkC3TppBh_SQ
<https://twitter.com/BravinYuri/status/1531194495588524032?s=20&t=IJCyM8mwymIkC3TppBh_SQ>*

#Safaricom CEO why is this not the default behaviour? If anyone wants to
replace their sim cards elsewhere they need to opt-in NOT out!

Regards,
Adrian Teri